Who can access this service?
We provide face to face and online training sessions/workshops designed to improve the knowledge, skills and confidence of workers delivering support services to people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
What is provided?
Our training sessions can be specifically designed to suite the roles and responsibilities of managers, frontline workers, and practitioners to address their own learning needs.
Our workforce development activities:
- are negotiated in advance including cost.
- are focused on understanding the systematic, organisational and staff practice issues.
- are focused on problem-solving to better meet the needs of people from multicultural background.
- include working effectively with interpreters, developing culturally appropriate translated resources, understanding culture and how it impacts our day-to-day professional practice, how to improve health outcomes and much more.
- include expert advice on how to address health literacy issues, validation of translated resources, cultural matters, and community engagement.
- include co-work with other service providers to ensure that cultural issues are always taken into consideration.