Australia has been successful in reducing the number of HIV cases over the years through community-led HIV organisations, involving priority populations in the response, peer-based rapid HIV testing, harm reduction and prevention (HIV testing, TasP, PrEP, PEP and condom use).
Today on World AIDS Day, we call for Inclusion, Respect and Equity for all those whose lives have been impacted in any way by HIV and/or AIDS.
Here is how we can all help each other:
- Remembering equity is more important than equality
- People living with or impacted by HIV be made part of the decision making
- Saying NO to stigma and YES to Respect
- Getting educated about the spread of HIV
- Spreading awareness about HIV transmission
- Promoting prevention strategies
Find out more here http://www.worldaidsday.org.au/